In order to establish a good understanding of the role of religion in the world today, I would like you to create an infographic about one religion. The information should be presented attractively on one side of A4. Please try and cover:
- Number of followers
- Key beliefs
- Global spread
Also, try to apply some sociological concepts.
Please make these nice and pretty so that they could be displayed in T04.
Objective: To update your contemporary knowledge and encourage to be able to use a sociological framework when analysing events.
Choose an event that has taken place in any society and analyse using the following questions:
- Who are the ‘social actors’ involved?
- How are different media sources reporting this event?
- What similarities and differences are there?
- Why might these similarities/differences exist?
- What sociological concepts might be applied to this event?
- How might different sociological perspectives explain the event and its reporting?
Due Lesson 3 for presentation and discussion