The BSA Teaching Group’s National A Level Competition invites essays and short videos from sociology students allowing you to win an Apple iPad Mini and £500 for your school. Enter now via by emailing your submission to Claire Simmons, Membership Development Officer.
The A Level Competition is open to anyone currently studying at A Level, AS Level, Scottish Higher Level or equivalent post-16 qualification in sociology, and we encourage you to be as creative as possible with your answers!
This year’s question ‘What can Sociology contribute to the debate about “fake news”?‘ The aim of this question is to get you thinking about news and public information and to link to the modules you have studied or are about to study. To enter all you need to do is submit a 2,000-word written piece or a 10-minute podcast or video clip. The closing date for this is Friday, 15 December 2017.
Entries are expected to refer to results obtained from their own primary method of research using a suitable sample. This could be an observation, an interview or a questionnaire based study. All research carried out for this competition has to abide the ethical guidelines of research, as stated in the BSA’s Statement of Ethical Practice. If you have any questions regarding the competition criteria, please contact: Claire Simmons.
How to enter:
Membership Development Officer
British Sociological Association
Belmont Business Park
Terms and conditions:
- Entries must be accompanied by confirmation from a Sociology teacher that it is the work of the pupil.
- Entries must be lone submissions (not joint).
- Reports must be around 2,000 words (excluding bibliography, figures, tables etc.)
- Filming your project as a presentation or podcast/YouTube entry (must not exceed 10 minutes).
- We reserve the right to check submitted works for plagiarism using online tools.
- Reference to other scholars (including teachers, books, articles and web sites) should be acknowledged.
- All work must be written or presented in the English language.
- The judges’ decision is final and we reserve the right to publish your entry with your permission.