Objective: To update your contemporary knowledge and encourage to be able to use a sociological framework when analysing events.
Choose an event that has taken place in any society and analyse using the following questions:
- Who are the ‘social actors’ involved?
- How are different media sources reporting this event?
- What similarities and differences are there?
- Why might these similarities/differences exist?
- What sociological concepts might be applied to this event?
- How might different sociological perspectives explain the event and its reporting?
Due Lesson 3 for presentation and discussion